Today was busy. Not just a little busy either. It was (and for the record, one child had not had a nap, one had a pre-teen attitude issue, and the other asked approximately 265,873,005 questions about everything from space to why some flies bite. Plus, the husband worked overtime today.) :
- piano- 2 kids=1 hour
- lunch with my husband (30 minutes away)
- drop off paperwork at doctor (that said husband forgot)
- drive back 30 minutes to meet my brother with a camera charger
- drive to my aunt’s business to pick something up
- drive past the grocery store (oops) so stopped at the dollar store to grab a few things
- go back to grocery store #1
- leave #1, go to house to deliver cold stuff
- unpack cold stuff into the refrigerator while kids stayed in the car and played WWF (well, they wrestled. They’ve never actually seen WWF)
- go to grocery store #2 because #1 didn’t have everything I needed
- as I was unloading the car at #2 it came a monsoon
- got home and unpacked the car for a second time while all three kids whined for drinks
- started laundry and dishes
- started dinner
- did more dishes
- changed out laundry
- continued dishes
- finished supper
- ate dinner with kids
- bathed kids
- etc. etc. etc.
See! But do you want to know the thing I’m most annoyed at? I did dishes for TWO HOURS. Why? I keep thinking if leave them there, they will get done. No one does them though. I have to cook and clean?! What kind of torture is this?
Tonight, in protest, I made One Pan Chicken Dinner. Okay, okay… It wasn’t technically in protest. I basically picked this meal because it’s one pan. It really is the easiest meal ever and incredibly yummy! Actually, since it is so simple to make, I’ll just share a few pictures and then the recipe. I’m too exhausted to write too much anyhow!
And the best part? Simply rinse the pan out, shove that baby in the dishwasher, and you’re done! A glass of wine to celebrate the simplicity is optional!